Mother: Harriet Virginia Piper1,4,3 b. 24 Oct 1840, d. 20 Jun 1924
Note - Living persons are excluded from this website so not all marriages or children may be listed above.
- [S418] R. I. Holcomb, History of Greene County, Missouri, biographical sketch of son, J.M. Dishman, states that "Mr. Dishman was married August 16, 1859, to Miss Harriet, daughter of Samuel Piper, a prominent farmer, and early settler of Greene county. Their union has been blest with eight children, seven sons and one daughter, all of whom are now living, viz.: Jane, Wm. F., Samuel, James W., Jerry, Charles, Bert, and Leonidas."
- [S964] James W. Dishman, Missouri Death Certificate, James W. Dishman, b. 25 Dec 1865 in MO, died 7 Dec 1934 in Greene Co. MO, son of of James M. Dishman and Harriet Piper.
- [S410] James W. Dishman, death certificate 42600, father James M. Dishman, mother Harriett Piper (8 Dec 1934).
- [S114] Web Site, Descendants of Dudley Chase Piper (Indian War Vet.) and Mary Unknown, online at http://www.rootsweb.com/~momaries/piper.htm, entry 17 (Harriet V. Piper), downloaded 27 Apr 2003.
- [S409] MO Marriages, 1805-2002, Walter Dishman, Ella Cruse, 17 Dec 1891,Springfield, Greene County, Missouri.
- [S93] 1870 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), Missouri, Greene County, page 26, James Dishman household, line 26, dwelling 188, family 191 (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.), image 26 of 45.
- [S94] 1880 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), Missouri, Greene County, Jackson Township, ED 35, page 1, dwelling 8, family 8, J M Dishman household (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.), image 1 of 36.
- [S410] Ella M. Dishman, death certificate 731, died 2 Jan 1932, born 23 Sep 1868, father Sidney Cruse, husband and informant J. Walter Dishman (4 Jan 1932).