Children with Nancy Ann Miller:
Elizabeth Dishman13 (8 Apr 1785 - b 1826)
Anna Dishman13 (c 1788 - )
Margaret Dishman13 (6 Apr 1789 - )
John Dishman+13 (5 Oct 1791 - 17 Feb 1879)
Susannah Dishman+13 (21 Nov 1793 - 10 Jun 1863)
James Dishman+13 (28 Feb 1796 - 19 Aug 1878)
Mary Dishman15 (25 Feb 1798 - 18 Sep 1867)
Prudence Dishman13 (16 Dec 1801 - 9 Jan 1889)
Jeremiah B. Dishman+13 (5 Aug 1804 - 24 Apr 1876)
Logan M. Dishman13 (18 Aug 1810 - 28 Feb 1884)
Note - Living persons are excluded from this website so not all marriages or children may be listed above.
- [S300] Essex County Will Book, No. 12,, p. 533-534, 21 Jun 1773, division of the slaves belonging to Peter Dishman's estate, names wife Sarah, sons Samuel, Jeremiah, William, James, and John, daughter Sarah, and son-in-law Thomas Garnett Noell.
- [S305] Essex County Order Book, No. 28 (1770-1773), pp. 424-425, 21 Dec 1772, order regarding the division of Peter Dishman's estate, refers to "Sarah Dishman widow and relic of Peter Dishman dec'd" and "Jeremiah, William, John, and Sarah Dishman infants other children of the decedent."
- [S200] J.T. Mayes, "Mayes Maze."
- [S551] Bedford County Deed Book 7, p.342, records marriage certificate of Jeremiah Dishman and Nancy Miller issued 7 Nov 1782.
- [S259] William Dishman, Pension File, R2965, micropublication M805, Nancy Dishman (wife of Jeremiah Dishman) states in a sworn affidavit dated 7 Aug 1857 that she married Jeremiah Dishman in 1782.
- [S55] Thomas Worth Marshall, Bedford County Marriage Bonds.
- [S260] James Dishman, Pension File, W9409, micropublication M805, Sworn affidavit of Nancy Dishman (wife of Jeremiah Dishman) dated 8 Nov 1851.
- [S118] Netti Schreiner-Yantis and Florene Speakman Love, 1787 Virginia Census, p. 224.
- [S119] 1794 Botetourt Tax List, online www.ls.net/~newriver/va/bot1794.htm.
- [S957] Bedford County, Virginia, Personal Property Tax List, 1800, Jeremiah Dishman, Personal B, page 4.
- [S221] Will - Samuel Dishman (1807), Will Book 17 (1806-1814), pp. 18-19.
- [S87] 1810 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), Pulaski County, Kentucky, line 1, Jeremiah Dishman household (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.), image 16 of 35.
- [S106] Dishman Family, Informal Genealogical Notes Personal papers of James Dallas Dishman, Chart 2.
- [S88] 1820 U.S. Federal Census (Population Schedule), Simpson County, Kentucky, p. 16, line 1, Jeremiah Dishman household (Online: Ancestry.com, Inc.), image 14 of 15.
- [S114] Web Site, The Dishman/DuChemin Family, http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~mayes/dishman.htm, downloaded 16 Dec 2001.