Samuel Dishman Sr.
Children with Mary Butler:
Children with Mary Degges:
Note - Living persons are excluded from this website so not all marriages or children may be listed above.
- [S11] John Dishman will (1739) Deed Book 9, page 31a,, names his "two sons Samuel Dishman and John Dishman" as heirs.
- [S102] James Dallas Dishman, Dishman Descendants Chart.
- [S182] Dishman-Hagey Correspondence, 1985-1993 Personal papers of James Dallas Dishman, Family Group sheet of Frances Sanford prepared 15 Jun 1989 by W.A. Hagey.
- [S346] Genealogical papers of William Anderson Hagey, ca. 1940-1998, Virginia Historical Society, box 2, file 120, "Dishman, John (ca 1698-1739) and Francis Weedon, 2 of 3", copy of Westmoreland County Orders, 28 Apr 1741 (West Co Orders 1739-1743, p. 94) stating that "Samuel Dishman son of John Dishman dec'd came into court and made choice of his father-in-law Robert Harrison for his guardian", implying that John Dishman was born circa 1725 assuming guardian choice occurred at age 16.
- [S375] Robert K. Headley, Married Well and Often, p. 108, Dishman, Samuel and Butler, Mary.
- [S182] Dishman-Hagey Correspondence, 1985-1993 Personal papers of James Dallas Dishman, in 30 Dec 1986 letter WAH states "From lead supplied by you, I have proven positively that the first wife of Samuel Dishman (1723-1796), Mary Butler, was a daughter of William Butler (d. 1731) and Grace Price, and a granddaughter of Thomas Butler (d. 1714)..."
- [S11] John Dishman will (1739) Deed Book 9, page 31a.
- [S111] Augusta B. Fothergill, Westmoreland Co. Wills 1654-1800, p. 107.
- [S118] Netti Schreiner-Yantis and Florene Speakman Love, 1787 Virginia Census, p. 370.
- [S13] Dishman, Samuel - Will (1796), Will Book 2, page 198.
- [S4] Charles M. Marsteller, "The Dishman Family of Pine Hill."
- [S314] Ruffner Papers, online http://members.cox.net/joseph-ruffner-2/index.htm. Bill of sale for slave signed by James Diggs Dishman on behalf of his father, Samuel Dishman.